Sunday 15 April 2012

Conor Sturgess - Q6 What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?


Pre Production

Google Blogger
Google Blogger was a new experience to me, it even took a while to get used to. I had never before used a blog for school work or my social life. However, now I feel I can use a blog effectively as I have learned all the basic ways to operate a blog.

iPhone
We used my iPhone camera to take photographs of the environment we would be using. This was very useful as it allowed all of our group members to view and decide if the environment would be right for our opening scene since I was able to upload it immediately onto the blog.

During Production

Sony DV Camera
Our group used a Mini Sony DV Camera for all our filming, which is very light and small making it effective in tricky shots. However, we did have trouble at first trying to adjust the focus on close-ups, but eventually found out how to readjust the camera settings.

Internet / Mobile Phones
We all used our mobile phones and social network websites to stay in contact. Our group would arrange various times about when to meet and where using our mobile phones or facebook chat.

Post Production

iPhoto
We had to use iPhoto for creating still images of news headlines and then placing them onto our opening scene. This helped me understand the basic options inside iPhoto. However, I don’t feel as if I know a great knowledge of this software yet as I used it very rarely.

iMovie
We had to use Apple Macs when producing our opening scene. This was something I wasn’t so confident on as I had never once used a Mac for any sort of production work. However, due to our preliminary task I had to use these for editing and uploading footage. After a while I quickly got to understand the basics of how they operate and work. Even though I'm much more comfortable with the Windows format I would like to use a Mac for any production work.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment